Reffue, Pas, Jacobson, Knox & Koster LLP

History

History

Reffue, Pas, Jacobson, Knox & Koster LLP is one of the oldest accounting firms in the area.  The firm was founded by Merlin Meythaler in 1949, located in the Goetz building just off the square.  In 1964 the firm relocated to 1005 16th Avenue, and with continued growth moved to its current location at 901 16th Avenue in 1980.

Over the years, the firm changed its name as partners changed, from it’s beginning as Merlin Meythaler CPA it then became Meythaler & Caton.  In 1973 the firm became Ableman, Cerbins, Smith and Company and has since evolved into the firm known today as Reffue, Pas, Jacobson, Knox & Koster, LLP.

The needs of our clients have continued to change along with our changes in location, partners and increased staff.  Our range of services has expanded considerably along with the needs of our clients.  Our clients can count on our expertise in all phases of their personal lives, from the time they are just starting out, through retirement and finalizing estates. In addition to our high-quality tax, accounting and audit services, we also offer our clients bookkeeping and consulting services.  We are commited to working with our business clients, from farming and small businesses to large corporations, helping them to manage growth and profitability while letting them focus on other aspects of their business.

We are dedicated to our community and through the years our partners and staff have made volunteering and involvement a way of life.

Partners have changed through the years, but the firm’s service has remained the same.